Register
   
Private entity
Company
  
 
 *        

 

Poppi

 :  Send via email Share on facebook Share on twitter share on WhatsApp

GUARDIAN OF BEAUTY

The territory of Poppi lies within the Parco Nazionale delle Foreste Casentinesi, established in 1993 and keeper of natural beauty made of rich flora and fauna, including the presence of the Northern Apennines wolf.

Like other centers of the Casentino, the municipality of Poppi has hosted many great civilizations, from the Etruscans to the Romans and was the scene of bloody struggles between Guelphs and Ghibellines. The history of the country runs hand in hand with that of the counts Guidi who ruled until 1440. To them we owe the Constitution the present medieval village in which stands the majestic Castello dei Conti Guidi, dating back to the 13th century. Finally, under the Florentine control the village benefited from the progress of the Renaissance and the greatness of doctors.

 

Traditions and typical products

Craft activity that has always distinguished the common is the woodworking and furniture art. Activities that gradually took the place of theart of "bigone", an ancient bowl made with wooden slats and employed to collect and crush grapes during harvest.

Tortello di patate is a famous Casentino dish, a puff pastry stuffed with red potato, tomato, garlic and pecorino.

Events  
News  
Stores  
Company  
Operators  
Hotels  
Restaurants  
 
 : 
 5 Km
 10 Km
 15 Km
 20 Km